Welcome to the HillaPinnia blog.
Where you can read stories from the things I know, things I learn, and things i see.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Obligatory Tourist Trip to the Panama Canal

I'm just gonna say it, the Panama Canal is boring. It takes hours to move one boat through a large square box filled with fresh water. This water is then wasted as it is pumped out to the ocean moving the boat another box forward. This goes on until the boat reached the other side of the continent. I'm glad I went because its one of those things to do in your lifetime, however my overall impression of this world engineering marvel was boredom. Here are some pictures from my visit, in case you want to see what I saw or if you need to fall asleep.

This photo is of canal construction in the early 1900s. Anybody notice anything interesting in regard to race and gender in this picture?





No comments:

Post a Comment