Welcome to the HillaPinnia blog.
Where you can read stories from the things I know, things I learn, and things i see.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Party like a Norwegian

I head to San Juan del Sur planning to relax and soak in the lazy surfer vibe. I found an amazing group of people ready to have fun, party and make the eight days(I planned three) I spent there, the best of my trip. I arrived at my hostel with my Nicaragua travel buddy, Ty, just as the sun was setting. Hungry we went looking for food and night life. We found both. San Juan del Sur had many places to eat that served local and other food, huge portions for almost no money and several bars and clubs with good music, cheap drinks and fun people. Only there three hours I knew I was going to stay a while.

The next day I woke up to rain but didn't care because the little beach town was such a chill place. I walked down the beach in the rain, laid in a hammock and read a book. I relaxed and for the first time since I arrived in Nicaragua, I felt safe and back pain free! That night "the Norweigens" arrived and with them the brought a wild and exciting atmosphere to the entire hostel. Two young girls Marte and Anette, full of a sense of adventure and a love of fun raise everyone's spirits and the volume level of what was other was a small and chill place to stay. Somehow, they got everyone staying there to play drinking games and go out together every night. They party lasted for hours and these two girls didn't seem to have an off button. Then during the day trips to the infinity pool on the hill above the town, beers on the front patio and communal pots of Guacamole-mole courtesy of Ty helped pass the time until the party could begin again.

I knew I wasn't the only one having way too much fun, nobody at the hostel left for an entire week. In fact, the lack of turn over allowed everyone there to really get to know each-other. Shared experiences and funny moments among an entire group, Ty cooked epic family style dinner, the Norweigans waged never ending games of kings cup and "yee-haw". I document the fun with my camera. Our international backpacker family was fun, friendly and eclectic. Everyone seemed to bring something to the table

May 17 was the Norwegian national holiday, so of course the two Norwegians as well as all the other nationalities in San Juan del Sur found themselves a part of the celebration. We had a parade throughout the streets of the town, The party lasted a week. I had one of those "time of my life moments" in San Juan del Sur. O and if you know me well, ask me to tell you about "the corner store".

No comments:

Post a Comment